WHAT ARE CHAKRAS?
Chakras are Entry Gates of the Aura.
Within the physical body resides a body double, a spiritual body, that contains the Chakras.
The word Chakra in Sanskrit translates to Wheel or Disc.
They are centres of activity that receives, assimilates and expresses life force energy.
They are responsible for the person's physical, mental, and spiritual functions.
They absorb and transmit energies to and from the universe, nature, celestial entities, from people even from things.
According to the traditional writings there are 88,000 chakras in the human body covering basically every area in the body. The majority of them are small and insignificant. 40 of them have significant function and they are in the hands, feet, fingertips, and shoulders.
There are 7 major chakras in the body.
They are situated along the spine and are referred to as wheels or gateways that allow the energy to flow both upward to the crown and downward to the feet.
Each chakra is associated with one of our senses (smell, taste, sight, touch, hearing,), an element (earth, water, fire, air and space) a colour (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet).
Each chakra can also be stimulated by a number of yoga poses (asanas); breathing exercises (pranayama); or sounds (mantras). There are number of other ways to stimulate, balance or calm the chakras such as meditations.
The 7 Major Chakras:
7. (Violet) Crown chakra (Sahasrara) - Intelligence, Awareness, Thoughtfulness.
6. (Indigo) Brow or Third Eye Chakra (Ajna) - Intuition, Perception, Imagination
5. (Blue) Throat Chakra - (Vishuddha) - Communication, Resonance, Creativity
4. (Green/Pink) Heart Chakra (Anahata) - Love, Compassion, Altruism
3. (Yellow) Solar Plexus Chakra - ( Manipura) - Vitality,Direction,Self Esteem
2. (Orange) Sacral Chakra (Swadhisthana)-Sexuality, Physical Grace, Pleasure.
1. (Red) Root Chakra (Muladhara) - Stability, Grounding, Prosperity
Bringing these 7 seven Chakras into balance can create a sense of clarity and well-being within us. I have seen how my clients have experienced amazing shifts and changes in their lives through using a combination of methods in my Reiki sessions.